Stores / distribution
In 1963, the Society opened the first St. Vincent de Paul Store/Distribution Center to assist the poor of our community. In Baton Rouge we now have stores located at Plank Road, Staring Lane and Government Street. We also have stores in Gonzales, New Roads, Brusly/Addis, and Hammond.
Our stores provide more than just a place where customers can purchase items at bargain basement prices; any revenues produced by our stores are put back into our programs to assist the needy. Through our St. Vincent de Paul Conferences, we also provide clothes, bedding, appliances, furniture and household items free of charge to those in need.
Our car donation program is another critical element of our store operations. You can save yourself the hassle of repairing or selling your old car, boat or camper and at the same time, help your neighbor in need. You will also receive a tax deduction. The proceeds from the sales of these items go directly to the support of our other programs. Your donation will help to feed, clothe and shelter the poor and homeless of our community. For information about car donations, call (225) 383-7837.
There is always a need for donations of furniture, clothing, appliances and household items. People throughout our community are encouraged to drop off items at our thrift stores. Many of the local Catholic churches also have drop boxes for this purpose. If you are in the Baton Rouge area, you can schedule a pick-up by calling (225) 267-4483. Volunteers are also a critical part of our store operations. We can always use individuals or groups to help us sort through donated items. For more information about volunteering, click here or call (225) 383-7837.
Store / Distribution Center Locations:
- 1925 Staring Lane, Baton Rouge (225) 819- 0460
- 2655 Plank Rd., Baton Rouge (225) 356- 9683
- 5621 Government St., Baton Rouge (225) 925- 5255
- 824 N. Morrison, Hammond (985) 542-8900
- 336 Olinde St., New Roads (225) 638-6304
- 4171 Hwy.1 South, Port Allen (225) 749- 2003
- 1402 N. Burnside C-1 Unit 7, Gonzales (225) 644- 2151
- Essential Needs Distribution Center:
- 1466 North St., Baton Rouge
Drop Box locations:
- St. Aloysius Catholic Church - 2025 Stuart Avenue
- St. George Catholic Church - 7808 St. George
- St. Isidore Catholic Church - 5657 Thomas Road
- St. Patrick Church - 12424 Brogdon Lane
- Our Lady of Mercy Church - 445 Marquette Avenue
- St. Jean Vinney Church - 16166 South Harrell's Ferry Road
For information about financial donations, please click the link below or call the St. Vincent de Paul Baton Rouge Council Office at (225) 383- 7837.